Wednesday 29 June 2011

Masquerade

Wow, the weather has been way too nice to stay inside and blog. In truth, I have been really busy with the kids but I've found time to do a bit of gardening too.
My roses have blackspot which I wasn't too worried about but some of them seem to be really badly affected and have lost most of their leaves so I have decided to spray them. I don't really like using chemicals and spraying roses seems a bit futile to me as the blackspot always comes back but I'm hoping that if I spray them hard this year that they might recover enough to make it to next year in better shape. Then I will sort the men from the boys and get rid of all the sickly roses and replace them with something stronger.
One that I am going to take cuttings of is this climber.




It is the cleverest rose I have ever met in that its flowers change colour. The buds are red and yellow, they then turn peachy as they open. The older flowers are a deep pink. You end up with a plant covered in different coloured flowers. Very cool. I actually thought there was something wrong with it at first but my friends over at Gardeners Corner tell me it is called Masquerade!

No comments:

Post a Comment